Skip to main content

Featured

My Favorite Comfort Food: Sopa de Fideo

  Welcome (or welcome back) to my blog! Today I will be sharing this simple recipe for Sopa de Fideo! Sopa de Fideo is without a doubt my favorite comfort food. This meal always takes me back to fond memories and I am so excited to share it with you today.  My grandma would often make this for me when I stayed at her house growing up, and since her passing in 2018, this food holds an even more special place in my heart.  Video Recipe Ingredients: 1 onion 1 tomato 2 garlic cloves Fideo noodles 1 TBS olive oil 1tsp tomato bouillon 1tsp garlic powder chicken bouillon to taste 5-7 cups water Recipe: Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat, add the fideo noodles inside and also 1/2 an onion and one chopped garlic clove. Continuously stir the noodles until they are brown and toasted. In a blender add a bit of water, 1 tomato, 1/2 an onion, one garlic clove, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp tomato bouillon, and chicken bouillon to taste.  Blend the mixture until smooth. Once the fideo noodles have fini

TikTok Famous Lemon Basil Pasta!

 Hello and welcome (or welcome back) to my blog!

The other day while I was scrolling on TikTok I saw a girl talking about how she followed a viral recipe for lemon basil pasta almost daily for the entire summer. In the comments there were tons of others saying they shared the same experience as it was incredibly easy to make and super delicious so I instantly knew I had to try it for myself!


Ingredients:

  • Butter
  • Olive oil
  • Basil and lemon basil
  • 3 lemons
  • Thin spaghetti
  • Pepper flakes
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 cloves of garlic 

Steps:

  1. The first step is to bring a large pot of water with some salt sprinkled inside to boil
  2. Next in a a pot, pour some olive oil and add a generous spoonful of butter
  3. To this add red pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper
  4. Collect the zest of 3 lemons and squeeze the juice into a bowl, add the basil inside
  5. In the pot with the butter and seasonings, add a large spoonful of the boiling water and then add the thin spaghetti 
  6. Continuously move the spaghetti around the pot and add more boiling water as needed (you want the water to cover the spaghetti)
  7. Once the pasta is al dente, pour in the basil and lemon and mix until everything is well incorporated
  8. Now the pasta is ready to serve and enjoy!


I also topped this pasta with a bit of Parmesan which is totally uncecessary! This pasta was extremely delicious and brought a super bright flavor to my dinner! It would pair perfectly with some roasted veggies or even grilled chicken! 
It was incredibly easy to make so I hope you will try it out if you get the chance!


Comment any suggestions down below and I would also love to know if you have ever tried any recipe or cooking hack from TikTok? Let me know in the comments and I’d love to try everyone’s favorite TikTok recipes!



Comments

Popular Posts