Skip to main content

Featured

My Favorite Comfort Food: Sopa de Fideo

  Welcome (or welcome back) to my blog! Today I will be sharing this simple recipe for Sopa de Fideo! Sopa de Fideo is without a doubt my favorite comfort food. This meal always takes me back to fond memories and I am so excited to share it with you today.  My grandma would often make this for me when I stayed at her house growing up, and since her passing in 2018, this food holds an even more special place in my heart.  Video Recipe Ingredients: 1 onion 1 tomato 2 garlic cloves Fideo noodles 1 TBS olive oil 1tsp tomato bouillon 1tsp garlic powder chicken bouillon to taste 5-7 cups water Recipe: Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat, add the fideo noodles inside and also 1/2 an onion and one chopped garlic clove. Continuously stir the noodles until they are brown and toasted. In a blender add a bit of water, 1 tomato, 1/2 an onion, one garlic clove, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp tomato bouillon, and chicken bouillon to taste.  Blend the mixture until smooth. Once the fideo noodles have fini

Ukraine- Golubtsi

 Welcome back to my blog! 

In a continuation of our exploration of Ukraine, I also experimented with a side dish to pair with the borscht from last week! 

Golubtsi is a savory roll dish, made of meat, rice and vegetable stuffing wrapped in steamed cabbage. 

This dish was incredibly popular with my family and super easy to make!


Ingredients:

  • Cabbage
  • 1 chopped carrot
  • Ground turkey
  • Cooked white rice
  • Half a chopped onion
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Steps:

  1. Cook a cup of white rice leave it unseasoned.
  2. Sauté finely chopped carrots and onions in a pot with olive oil
  3. Once carrots and onions are carmelized, add ground turkey and rice to pot 
  4. Continue to stir the mixture in the pot and cook
  5. Separate out the cabbage leaves, making sure to gather the whole leaf
  6. Steam the gathered cabbage leaves until soft and easy to fold.
  7. In each leaf, gather a handful of the meat and rice mixture and place inside
  8. Roll each cabbage leaf tightly around the meat and rice mixture and fold ends inside 
  9. Once each leaf and the mixture is all used up, place olive oil in a pan and pan fry each roll, making sure to flip so they are cooked on each side
  10.  To ensure the rolls are fully cooked through, unwrap one 
  11. Serve and enjoy!

These rolls are typically served alongside a sauce, but i did not prepare one to go on top! 


If you try this recipe let me know how it was in the comments and feel free to leave me any future suggestions or requests!

Thank you and enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts