Skip to main content

Featured

My Favorite Comfort Food: Sopa de Fideo

  Welcome (or welcome back) to my blog! Today I will be sharing this simple recipe for Sopa de Fideo! Sopa de Fideo is without a doubt my favorite comfort food. This meal always takes me back to fond memories and I am so excited to share it with you today.  My grandma would often make this for me when I stayed at her house growing up, and since her passing in 2018, this food holds an even more special place in my heart.  Video Recipe Ingredients: 1 onion 1 tomato 2 garlic cloves Fideo noodles 1 TBS olive oil 1tsp tomato bouillon 1tsp garlic powder chicken bouillon to taste 5-7 cups water Recipe: Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat, add the fideo noodles inside and also 1/2 an onion and one chopped garlic clove. Continuously stir the noodles until they are brown and toasted. In a blender add a bit of water, 1 tomato, 1/2 an onion, one garlic clove, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp tomato bouillon, and chicken bouillon to taste.  Blend the mixture until smooth. Once the fideo noodles have fini

Copycat Zuppa Toscana from Food Network

 Hello and welcome (or welcome back) to my blog! Today my mom made this Copycat Zappa Tosacana from the Food Network website and we wanted to share the recipe with you all! This recipe is incredibly simple and always leaves everyone in my family satisfied!
You can also top this soup with red pepper flakes and it pairs super well! 

Ingredients

  • 4 strips of thick cut bacon
  • 1 lb of Italian sausage
  • 4 large potatoes, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 white onion, diced
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 6 cups of chicken broth
  • 6 cups of washed kale, stems removed
  • 3/4 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon white vinegar
  • (Optional- red pepper flakes)

Steps 

  1. Wash and separate kale
  2. Cook bacon in a pot
  3. Remove bacon from pot once done and add sausage
  4. While sausage is cooking, prepare and chop vegetables
  5. Remove cooked sausage from pot and add potatoes, onion, and garlic to the pot to simmer until soft
  6. Add chicken broth and heat until boiling
  7. Reduce heat and add meat , heavy cream and kale
  8. Cook until kale is tender
  9. Stir in vinegar and cook 5 more minutes
  10. Serve and enjoy!




Try out this recipe and let me know how you enjoy it down below!
I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Are there any recipes you would like to see me recreate? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts