Skip to main content

Featured

My Favorite Comfort Food: Sopa de Fideo

  Welcome (or welcome back) to my blog! Today I will be sharing this simple recipe for Sopa de Fideo! Sopa de Fideo is without a doubt my favorite comfort food. This meal always takes me back to fond memories and I am so excited to share it with you today.  My grandma would often make this for me when I stayed at her house growing up, and since her passing in 2018, this food holds an even more special place in my heart.  Video Recipe Ingredients: 1 onion 1 tomato 2 garlic cloves Fideo noodles 1 TBS olive oil 1tsp tomato bouillon 1tsp garlic powder chicken bouillon to taste 5-7 cups water Recipe: Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat, add the fideo noodles inside and also 1/2 an onion and one chopped garlic clove. Continuously stir the noodles until they are brown and toasted. In a blender add a bit of water, 1 tomato, 1/2 an onion, one garlic clove, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp tomato bouillon, and chicken bouillon to taste.  Blend the mixture until smooth. Once the fideo noodles have fini

Savory Butternut Squash Soup!

 Welcome! (Or welcome back!) to my blog! 

Today I'll be sharing this savory and delectable butternut squash soup recipe!

This was a soup I put together on my own! Using fresh herbs from my mom's garden and I am so excited to share it with you today!





Ingredients

  • 1 Butternut squash
  • Olive oil
  • 1/2 an onion
  • 6 shallots of garlic
  • Thyme
  • Rosemary
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 2 TBS butter
  • 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • 1 container of chicken stock
  • Mexican Crema (optional)
  • Bacon (optional)




Steps

  1. Open the butternut squash and scoop out all seeds and stringy parts.
  2. Chop the squash into crescents and chop half an onion
  3. Place the squash and onion in a pan with 6 shallot of garlic
  4. Pour olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper on top
  5. Place the pan in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees
  6. Once the squash is out of the oven, peel and discard the skin from the squash
  7. In a large pot, place 2 TBS of butter and 1/2 tsp of curry powder at medium heat
  8. Add the remaining squash, onion, and garlic into the pot and mash
  9. Add 1 container of chicken stock and mix
  10. Puree the entire mixture and serve!
  11. Topping the soup with bacon and Mexican crema add to the flavor of this soup!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know in the comments if you try it out!
Let me know if there are also any other recipes you would like to see me recreate!



Comments

Popular Posts