Skip to main content

Featured

My Favorite Comfort Food: Sopa de Fideo

  Welcome (or welcome back) to my blog! Today I will be sharing this simple recipe for Sopa de Fideo! Sopa de Fideo is without a doubt my favorite comfort food. This meal always takes me back to fond memories and I am so excited to share it with you today.  My grandma would often make this for me when I stayed at her house growing up, and since her passing in 2018, this food holds an even more special place in my heart.  Video Recipe Ingredients: 1 onion 1 tomato 2 garlic cloves Fideo noodles 1 TBS olive oil 1tsp tomato bouillon 1tsp garlic powder chicken bouillon to taste 5-7 cups water Recipe: Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat, add the fideo noodles inside and also 1/2 an onion and one chopped garlic clove. Continuously stir the noodles until they are brown and toasted. In a blender add a bit of water, 1 tomato, 1/2 an onion, one garlic clove, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp tomato bouillon, and chicken bouillon to taste.  Blend the mixture until smooth. Once the fideo noodles have fini

Vegan Pesto Sauce!

 Hello and welcome black to my blog! 
Today I want to share this incredibly simple and delicious vegan pesto recipe!
This sauce can be added onto anything you desire and I love to add it on top of 
  • Pasta
  • Sandwiches
  • Or (a non-vegan option) as a spread to bake on top of chicken, fish and even eggs


  While making a meal with this vegan pesto, I could not find one ingredient and had to substitute with Parmesan cheese, so I went full throttle and added grilled chicken as well. 

INGREDIENTS   

  • 250 g Tofu
  • 30-40 g Basil
  • 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
  • 1 garlic clove 
  • Pinch of salt and pepper
  • 1 tbsp olive oil 
To make this sauce you simply have to blend all ingredients together until smooth and once finished, use the sauce as you wish. 

I also recommend adding roasted pine nuts to top the pesto as the flavors compliment each other perfectly making a wonderful combination in your mouth! 



Let me know how you enjoy this vegan pesto sauce and the different combinations you create with it! 
If you have any recommendations or requests please leave them in the comments below!


Comments

Popular Posts