Skip to main content

Featured

My Favorite Comfort Food: Sopa de Fideo

  Welcome (or welcome back) to my blog! Today I will be sharing this simple recipe for Sopa de Fideo! Sopa de Fideo is without a doubt my favorite comfort food. This meal always takes me back to fond memories and I am so excited to share it with you today.  My grandma would often make this for me when I stayed at her house growing up, and since her passing in 2018, this food holds an even more special place in my heart.  Video Recipe Ingredients: 1 onion 1 tomato 2 garlic cloves Fideo noodles 1 TBS olive oil 1tsp tomato bouillon 1tsp garlic powder chicken bouillon to taste 5-7 cups water Recipe: Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat, add the fideo noodles inside and also 1/2 an onion and one chopped garlic clove. Continuously stir the noodles until they are brown and toasted. In a blender add a bit of water, 1 tomato, 1/2 an onion, one garlic clove, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp tomato bouillon, and chicken bouillon to taste.  Blend the mixture until smooth. Once the fideo noodles have fini

The Most Addictive Potatoes Ever- Papas Endiabladas!

 

Welcome back to my blog!

Today I will be sharing a simple and addictive dish that pairs well with any savory meal! This recipe will work great for you whether you are a beginner in the kitchen or the chef of your household! 

Last week I had papas endiabladas for the first time and the flavor had me hooked almost instantly! These potatoes are spicy, tangy, and especially savory. The sauce pairs well on top of many other foods as well (my personal favorite being with charro beans). I challenge you to make your own pairings with the sauce and comment your favorite combinations! 



Ingredients


        Prep Time 35 minutes
  • 1 Garlic Clove
  • 5-10 Chile de Arbol
  • 1/2 Cup of Lime Juice
  • 1 cube of Knorr Chicken Bouillon
  • 2lbs of Baby Gold Potatoes
  • Olive Oil
  • Cornstarch & Water (optional)
    
The first step to make papas endiabladas is to thoroughly wash your potatoes. After washing the potatoes, place them in a pot of water at high heat to boil for 30 minutes .
Now that the potatoes are on the stove, we may prep our sauce. 
To a blender add 1/2 cup of lime juice, 1 garlic clove, 5-10 chile
arbol, and 1 cube of chicken bouillon. I recommend adding
only 5 chile arbol to start off with and then adjusting the spice from
there by adding more to your taste . 
Blend the mixture on high speed until it is a smooth consistency.
  
  

After the potatoes have boiled for 30 minutes, poke one with a fork, if the fork penetrates the potato easily they are ready to come off the stove. Strain the potatoes and gently poke each potato a few times with a fork so that the sauce may later seep into the holes. 

Once all potatoes have been poked, warm up a pan on medium heat and add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. After 3 minutes add the strained potatoes to the pan and fry them for 2 minutes. 





Finally, after frying the potatoes, add the sauce from the blender to the potatoes and stir for a few minutes. The sauce should cling on to the potatoes. 




Note: If you notice that your sauce is too runny, add a teaspoon of cornstarch to 3 table spoons of water and after mixing, pour it in to the sauce and stir. 



I hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as I did! If you make papas endiabladas please let me know how they were in the comments and if you have any tips/ your favorite combinations with the tangy sauce!













Comments

Popular Posts